2.26.2011

the devil wears prada

First of all, let me just do a little family PR work.  Apparently my sister and brother are both trying their hand at blogging, so check out their blogs and follow them!  They each have their own flavor, but you won't be disappointed!

Brooke's blog

Clark's blog

Now, on to some very exciting news...for this past Valentine's Day my hubby surprised me with the best Valentine's present ever!  We weren't planning on exchanging gifts since we are bombarded with beautiful celebrations of life, marriage and holidays from October through January (a.k.a. we already had bought each other numerous gifts), so you can imagine my surprise when I opened a card from my sweetie with a note that said these were on their way!

Oh how I had drooled over these when I saw them in the store.  I tried them on and oohhed and ahhed over them, never expecting I'd be the proud owner of a pair.  But here I am a few months later and I can't wait for it to be sunny every single day so that I can wear them 24/7.  The sunglasses, or SGs as I like to say, are incredibly lightweight, yet sturdy.  The frames are large, which I love, and somehow are square, yet rounded at the same time.  Very retro.  The hint of gold adds a little touch of glam and the gradient lenses are oh so sultry and sexy.  A definite summer accessory!  And one that won't be taking any boat trips, float trips, kayak trips, at all--I have other SGs for those purposes.  :)

Here's a sneak peak of my wonderful and glorious surprise...

box #1--how exciting!

box #2--the tension is building!

oh how beautiful!

just breathtaking...i bet you didn't know SGs could be breathtaking ;)

a little attitude never hurts.

Now, all I need is a beach, a bathing suit and the sun and I'm set.  Well, the beach might be a stretch, but the sun and suit are definite possibilities.  Here I come summer!

1 comment: