2.25.2011

a new adventure

So, this blog is my therapy, (much cheaper than retail therapy, which I'm pretty good at, too) and this is why:

I have a wonderful husband, a fabulously close family and an amazing job as a high school librarian in a local school district.  Yes, I love working with teens.  Yes, a teacher's schedule rocks.  And yes, we still complain about not having a long enough winter or summer break.  But hey, we can dream too, right?

BUT...I want to get out and experience the world and that does not mean working at the high school from where I graduated.  I had a few brief spurts of freedom while living away from my hometown during my college and grad. school years, but that's not enough and hardly counts.  Maybe if I was from a bigger city I wouldn't be so antsy to get away, but I'm not.  The cold, snowy winters (it snowed again last night!) and the lack of a big city feel makes me yearn for a different place, preferably some place much, much warmer!  Now, don't get me wrong...I love my hometown.  I had a great life growing up and will defend my hometown till I'm blue in the face, (so, no talking down of my town!),  but I feel like there's more out there to see and experience.

But because I can't just up and leave, I've decided that I need to focus on the positives.  So, to help me see the good in my life, (which there is a whole bunch of), I'll be blogging about whatever makes me happy--books, movies, clothes, shoes, food, traveling, warm weather, etc., etc., basically anything and everything that puts a smile on my face, a spring in my step, a flutter in my heart or whatever other cliched expression you can think of.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Jillie! Love this post! So positive! Maybe you will encourage me to restart my blog. I thought i'd do it as therapy too....it's quite fun but i didn't make it far. We can follow each other :) love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I thought I'd be an amazing brother and be the first one to comment on your blog!

    How about this one to add to your list of cliches (though I doubt anyone has ever used it before!)

    ...Whatever puts a crack in my polish! (reference to your other blog!)

    ReplyDelete