3.05.2011

book and a movie!

There is pretty much nothing I love more, (well maybe my family), than books and movies.  I LOVE to read and I read of a whopper of a book a few weeks ago.  I'm so glad that a coworker passed this book along to me and told me to read it and then let her know what I thought.  My only regret is that I didn't read it sooner!  The book sat in my school bag for a good three months before I took a chance and read it.  Anyways, here's my review of Hunter Huntress by Darcy Scott.

Genre:  Psychological Thriller/Suspense, Adult Fiction
Length:  340 rapidly moving pages
General Summary:  Jamie is a grieving mother who lost her two-year-old son in a car accident.  Jamie has never fully dealt with the death of her son and soon finds a way to get revenge on the man who caused the accident.  Jamie lies to her husband and betrays her friends in order to carry out her mildly disturbing plan of revenge.

My thoughts:  Oh wow!  A real page turner!  Once I started reading this book, I couldn't put it down.  The author does a fabulous job depicting the hurt and grief Jamie experiences over the loss of her son.  Unless you have personally lost a child, there's no way one knows how that feels, but I think Darcy Scott came as close as possible to describing those thoughts and feelings.  At times, I thought Jamie's plan was eerie and disturbing, but I can only imagine that the thought of revenge was worth it for her.  The book was extremely well written and left no holes in the story line.  The ending is extremely surprising.  Your heart may break, but will then be healed over by a turn of events.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK and if you visit Darcy Scott's website, you can learn where to purchase the book, or check your local library!


Next item of business--a movie you must see!  It's in theatres right now and it stars Liam Neeson.  Any guesses??  The movie is Unknown and it is awesome!  Lots of plot twists, good guys vs. bad guys action, (but who's who?) and Liam Neeson, duh!  If you loved him in Taken, then you'll love him in Unknown and if you haven't seen Taken, shame on you.  (It's an action-packed wonderful little movie that might scare parents into never letting their children travel alone).  But anyways, I don't want to give too much away about Unknown, but if you've seen the previews and you think you've got the movie all figured out, then oh boy...just you wait!  So, go now and spend a night at the movies.  You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment