3.15.2011

read in death

Another new obsession that will keep me occupied for quite some time, well maybe until summer, is JD Robb's (aka Nora Roberts) ...In Death series.  If you're a sucker for a good mystery, like me, then you'll definitely want to check out her books!  The main character, Lieutenant Eve Dallas, is at the heart of every story along with a good murder.  The books are set in the future, mid 21st century, and the futuristic details added by Robb are fun and lighthearted.  No science fiction-y, confusing time travel stuff here.  Just a good story with a little romance and a lot of mystery.  Each story builds upon itself, so definitely read the titles in order.  I've read the first three--Naked in Death, Glory in Death and Immortal in Death and 29 left to go!!!  There's no possible way I can keep track of the order of these books, but thankfully JD Robb, herself, has put together a neat, little quick reference list of the books IN ORDER, because I heard Amazon doesn't easily put them in order and at my public library, they're in ABC order...yuck!  So anyways, here's the quick reference list...

Can you believe that this series began in 1995 and she's still writing books?  The newest addition to this series came out in February, of this year!  So, start reading!

It is my mission to read this entire series...I'll keep ya posted on how I'm doing.  I heard the storylines get a bit predictable, but once you're hooked, you're hooked.  So far, I've been stunned with who the murderer is in each story, so hopefully the pattern continues.  Plus, I'm a sucker for any mystery.  Agatha Christie mysteries are quite predictable, but I love them all.

p.s. If you only associate Nora Roberts with romance novels, don't write these books off.  The In Death books are heavy on the mystery and suspense and light on the romance.  I think that's why Nora Roberts wrote these books under a pen name, so that she could disassociate her name from romance.

Also, on a side note...my husband and I are going to Phoenix in June and guess what I found to do there?  Visit a locally owned bookstore wholly devoted to mystery books!  It's called The Poisoned Pen.  How cool is that?  I'll have to let you know how it turns out.  I'm super excited to visit.

keep on reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment